We recruit patient into multi-centre and local investigator-led studies
- ADRENAL. International multicentre. Intends to definitively answer the question that the CORTICUS study didn’t – do corticosteroids improve mortality in septic shock? PI – LF.
- PREVENTT. A UK multi-centre RCT phase III study to compare the efficacy and safety of intravenous ferric carboxymaltose with placebo in patients with anaemia undergoing major open abdominal surgery. PI – CJ.
- PRISM. Prevention of Respiratory Insufficiency after Surgical Management – an international, multi-centre, pragmatic, randomised controlled trial with open study group allocation, to determine if routine continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) for four hours immediately after major abdominal surgery is effective prophylaxis against postoperative respiratory complications, re-intubation or death. PI – Leigh Kelliher and JKB.
- Euro-HYP1. International multicentre. RCT of awake cooling vs. best medical treatment in acute ischaemic stroke. PI – BCB (ICU) and Kath Pasco (stroke).
- MAMAs. Muscle wAsting in Major Abdominal Surgery. PI – BCB
- MicroHepFlow. Pilot study of microvascular monitoring during liver resection surgery. PI – Ben Creagh-Brown
- PECC (Pleural Effusions in Critical Care) Defining the evolution of pleural effusions in critical care patients. PI – JKB.